Looking to connect with an organic soap producer to use the hydrosol I generate when making essential oil from the French varieties of lavender on my farm. Call or e-mail for pricing.
Articles on this Page
- 12/19/18--13:01: _Certified Organic &...
- 12/21/18--14:29: _Distribution Suppor...
- 12/21/18--15:32: _Community Farmer
- 01/02/19--15:50: _CCOF Chief Certific...
- 01/03/19--09:50: _Creamery Manager
- 01/08/19--09:38: _Organic Greenhouse ...
- 01/15/19--13:01: _Position Vacancy: O...
- 12/19/18--13:01: Certified Organic & Demeter Certified Biodynamic Lavender Hydrosol
- 12/21/18--14:29: Distribution Support & Community Farmer
- Implementing distribution efforts, including market setup/breakdown, produce deliveries, sales and operations, customer service and relations
- Assisting the Impact and Evaluation Manager with Distribution related data entry, including in Square and Salesforce
- Assisting with the implementation of quality control SOP’s for produce and food distribution areas/vehicles, including the cleaning and organizing all distribution vehicles and spaces
- Assisting the Post-Harvest and Distribution Coordinator at the post-harvest wash station, in preparation for the distributions
- Other Farm programs, events and communication support as needed at the discretion of supervisors
- Assisting the production team with production tasks, including harvests in all production areas.
- Support pest management, greenhouse propagation, transplanting, weeding watering and harvesting
- Support chicken run upkeep, care and, when time permits, processing of eggs on market days
- Irrigation infrastructure repair and operations
- Collect data and support organized record keeping
- Support resource development for different departments as needed
- Incorporate Jewish agricultural practices into the development and management of the departments
- Participate in regular staff meetings
- Host guests and lead occasional tours, highlighting our practices
- Outstanding communication skills
- Superb internal and external customer service abilities
- Impeccable interpersonal skills and ability to create authentic relationships with people
- Knowledge and passion for Jewish community farming, food justice, or food systems development, etc.
- High level of responsibility, reliability, motivation and a willingness to learn
- Flexibility and willingness to take on a variety of tasks along with an ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative, team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong eye for visual design and presentation
- Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to lift heavy boxes
- A valid and clean driver’s license, experience driving a delivery truck preferred
- Must be available to work as scheduled, with some seasonal fluctuation, as needed
- At least 2-3 years of relevant agricultural work experience and or relevant college degree in organic vegetable production, agroforestry, or viticulture
- Passion for interacting with, educating and leading a diversity of community participants, volunteers and staff of varied ages and backgrounds.
- Strong knowledge related to safe use of agricultural tools and equipment
- Flexibility and willingness to take on a verity of tasks along with an ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative team environment
- Strong work ethic and ability to perform strenuous repetitive physical labor tasks in inclement weather
- Two or more years of experience working at an organic vegetable farm, CSA and farm market
- Two or more years of retail or customer service experience, food retail or farmers markets
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Food safety training
- Understanding of recordkeeping related to Organic certification and ecological agriculture
- Technical knowledge and familiarity of irrigation construction, troubleshooting and repair
- Knowledge of species and climate specific to Southern California
- Project management experience
- Understanding of working within nonprofit organizations
- Familiarity with Jewish agricultural or arboreal concepts, texts, and traditions
- Training in active listening and constructive communication techniques such as Non-Violent Communication, meeting facilitation, etc.
- 12/21/18--15:32: Community Farmer
- 01/02/19--15:50: CCOF Chief Certification Officer (CCO)
- 01/03/19--09:50: Creamery Manager
- 01/08/19--09:38: Organic Greenhouse Employment (Green Planet Organics)
Local (Santa Cruz area) organic seedling business is looking for employees who can work full time starting in late January/February. Job includes all aspects of greenhouse production, farmers markets, and deliveries. Pay starts at $15/hour. Please respond by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.